Center – An organisation that runs courses
Center Admin – A course administrator
Center Instructor – A course instructor
Organisation – An organisation that sends people on courses
Organisation Admin – An administrator at an organisation that sends people on courses
Attendee – A person that attends a course
Complete First Aid Course Bookings
– These will be administered by ProHealth to begin with
– Add certification duration to Course Types
Add course attendee certificate issue date / expiry fields – This
should be the same date that is on the certificate and will be used to
trigger reminders to be sent out.
Nice to have’s
– Course Search Form – Search by category / date / type / status
– Upcoming Course list – set max in list / period i.e 3 months / both
– RSS / Email Notifications for upcoming courses
– filled out by PH admin when enquiry is received by phone / email / fax
– Should allow searching for repeat bookings by existing customers by post code / company name
– Will track enquiries as they become bookings
– Sends an email to prospective customer containg a link to book on line / pdf to faxback
– PDF contains enquiry ref will be keyed by ph admin when fax is recieved will save time.
Expiry Tracking System
Because a company would be nuts if it didn’t chase repeat business
– Inteligent tracking of certificate expiry dates
– Issue reminder letters, calls, or emails to org’s, companies and individuals.
— Currently this is done once a year
— Organised companies book an entire year in advance
— Disorganised companies book at the last minute.
— The system should try and make life easier for both types of company
– Optout/in facility will allow reminders to be turned off
Will follow when all in house admin functionality is complete
– Customer will be issued a login and password
I wanted a way to get into the guts of monorail so I offered to create a website for the occupational health company that my mum works for. It is very much a work in progress, you can check it out here ProHealthUk if you want to see the CRUD click the admin link. When the site goes fully live you will have to login but for the time being you can edit data.
I am building a course booking system in monorail and in the process of uploading the source to google code. This is basically a way for me to understand the MVC approach to building websites using the castle monorail project. I figured the code may be of use to others tackling similar tasks or who just want to hack around with existing code to see how it works. I am not by any means a monorail expert so some of the approaches I have taken may be wrong or ill advised but that is kind of the point learning by experience is my favourite approach. Let me know if you spot any. All help gratefully received.
This will be a system designed to help administrators organise training courses. The initial need is for it to be able to handle first aid courses run by a health clinic.
The system will be used by non-technical admin staff who are familiar with email and basic word processing on windows pc’s.
The development of the project uses the .net framework 2.0 and an MVC pattern with the Monorail Castle framework. It makes use of the Active Record ORM to handle data access. SQL Server is used for the database. I have elected to use nVelocity for the view templates. I have also elected not to write tests and use tdd. I know I should it’s just that my brain cannot absorb that many new things at once.
The system allows new courses to be setup, new course types to be configured. Courses can be managed with new attendees booked on to courses.
If the courses are for certification purposes if an attendee passes the course the certificate issued can be tracked so renewal notification can be sent out.
The system allows attendees to be moved from one course to another and for their booking to be cancelled.
The system will produce reports for invoicing, courses and reminders for expired certificates.
You can find the project here: